Friday, September 8, 2023

Renaissance Hunt XIII: Tour Around the Grid!

REMINDER: Mieville's 13th Annual Grid-wide Renaissance Hunt is running! How to get started? Consult our Participating Shops lists with SLurls / TP's here on our MHH Blog - enjoy our Renaissance Hunt XIII!!


Hi everyone! We've made it through the first week of Mieville's 13th annual grid-wide Renaissance Hunt. Hope you are all finding some treasures! Now that things have settled down a bit, I finally have a few moments to join the Hunt myself and start exploring. Mieville Hunts are enjoyable for me because I really like seeing the wide variety of creativity from all our participating merchants. In this post I want to give a shout out to ALL of our participating merchants and highlight a few here. We appreciate ALL of you so much and your generosity and sense of fun. Thank you for joining in our Mieville Hunts!

First, we do need to share some sad news. Right before the Ren Hunt began we received the very sad news that one of our beloved merchants has passed away: Mystygry Mirihi of the huge clothing shop By Mystygry Mirihi has left us. We have no further information. Our sincere condolences to Mystygry's family and friends in SL and irl. Mystygry was in SL for 16 years and was a frequent participant in Mieville Historical Hunts. Her creativity is still on display at her store, which remains open for now. We will miss her!

Mystygry Shop 1 Mystygry Shop 2 Mystygry Shop 3
L-R: A small section of the huge store; floor tile design; friendly store greeter; 
Photos by Farzy at By Mystygry Mirihi shop 


Now a few highlights from around the Ren Hunt grid... 

These are not photos of the Hunt gifts (find some here) but just a few photos I've taken from places I've visited so far. I plan to go to each Ren Hunt shop! If your favorite store isn't here yet, I hope to get to it soon fingers crossed! In this post I'm highlighting in random order mostly stores that were new to me, and starting with....

Ren Hunt XIII - EED Home & Garden Shop

I had never been to this flower and garden shop before. Very nice arrangements and potted flowers here! Let's just say that a nice lady slipper orchid now graces my workshop... :)



Ren Hunt XIII - WonderWorks

Roger is my new neighbor over in Mieville Twain but I had never been to his shop before! Lots of fun games, gadgets & textures are for sale here!




Emma's @ Blue Moose, by Emma Krokus
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Semoshi/49/111/68
Ren Hunt XIII - Emma's Blue Moose


Just Wow! This impressive outdoor bath / pool is available at Emma's shop. My photo does not do it justice; I love the misty water droplets! Emma specializes in home and outdoor garden items. 



Shaman's Hut, by Prokofy Neva
Ren Hunt XIII - Shaman's Hut

Oh my goodness... mystical-magical-fairy-dryad-wiccan-fantasy-stuff galore! Plus unique Fabergé-style eggs with wonderfully detailed surprise scenes inside. Plus curated gacha resales. Plus... I'm sure there's much more!
le glamouriste, by Goddess Ma'at
Ren Hunt XIII - le glamouriste

Wow, this store always takes my breath away! You know you have arrived at one of the most opulent and fittingly stylish stores in all of SL! Beautifully detailed ancient Egyptian clothing for women and men, togas, gowns, and more. 


In World Navigators, by Dax Morningstar
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Mayaguana/122/144/23
Ren Hunt XIII - In World Navigators



Here's another new-to-me store! Here in the Pirates' Tavern section you'll find nice musical items! Also paintings, furniture, and more! Oh, and roast game on the spit... are you hungry yet??



Stone's Work, by Darkstone Aeon




Wow, another huge new-to-me shop! This shop has really nice furniture, this gorgeous fireplace, artwork, fancy hats, rancher-style hats, and lovely jewelry sets. Really nice work!

My PiXeL PuPpEt, by Aesirah

Ren Hunt XIII - My PiXeL PuPpEt 1
Ren Hunt XIII - My PiXeL PuPpEt
OOh, mystical-fantasy feel to this new-to-me shop with very cool art, accessories, and avatars! I love the rainy landing and the combo of dark with twinkling and bright saturated colors here! I need to go back and explore some more in this new-to-me shop... :)

Nocturne Skies, by Velcon Ethaniel
Speaking of combining darkness with saturated colors, welcome to Nocturne Skies! Another new-to-me shop with a wide range of products. The section above has a lot of animals. And look at the cute cats and kittens I found outside, getting cozy in the grass! How many can you spot? 

Multifarious, by Kes Styxx

Ren Hunt XIII - Multifarious 1 M\Ren Hunt XIII - Multifarious 2

Kes is my new neighbor to the south on Poe here in the Mieville microcontinent but I hadn't visited Multifarious until now! I love Kes's description of the store that was provided for our Hunt Shops list here in the blog: "Kinda like Wal-mart, without the auto department, and with Farm & Fleet added in." What more can you say? There's lots to look at here and I love the variety at Multifarious!

Never Ever, by Rhana Sands

Ren Hunt XIII - Never Ever 1Ren Hunt XIII - Never Ever 2

Next, I will never ever forget this new-to-me shop with beautiful and meticulously-fashioned jewelry! I love that they include jewelry for all genders, including gender-neutral, fluid, male, and female!

Impertinences, by nana Saenz

Ren Hunt XIII - Impertinences

Last shop for this post: I love this adorable bee hive and bee emitter that nana from Impertinences has created! I cannot wait to rez this at the Bibliothèque! nana is my neighbor to the west on Verne II over here at the Mieville microcontinent. If you haven't been to Impertinences, get ready for an amazing and eclectic display of creativity and color and a wide range of products. 

Okay, that's it for this time! Hope this encourages all of us to take the time to explore each one of the participating shops in the Ren Hunt XIII. You never know what treasures you're going to find!

Your friendly Mieville Librarian and Hunter-Shopper-Explorer,

Credits: Photos by Farzy

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Pierre! I did not have the honor of knowing Mystygry personally. Heartfelt condolences to all who knew her. ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete